662 Days since we have seen everyone in person and we can’t wait until we get to open the doors to meet old friends, colleagues and new mates that we have not yet seen in person.

The organisation team has been working with our Sponsors, Scottish Government and the Event Venue to determine how we can safely facilitate the event on the 25th and 26th of February.

We have put in the strictest policies in adherence with Scottish Government guidelines for testing and passports checks we feel that with the current rise in cases and ‘Imminent’ lockdown in Scotland as well as the potential reduction to 50% capacity that it was wise to reach out to all the event stakeholders and find out what the best solution is for community safety more than anything.

We spoke with our Title and Platinum sponsors as well as polling the gold and expo tier and offered the following solutions.

  • Run the event anyway
  • Run a YouTube week in Feb and then in person in June
  • Run the event solely online
  • Run the event in person in June
  • Run the event in Feb 2023

The feedback is that running the event in June is the way to protect people, the event and the brand of the sponsors.

When speaking to other community members there was more than 60% of people who would not attend due to the restrictions about international travel and the need to isolate for an additional 2 days before the event.

With the speakers they felt that they would not get the same number of people attending the sessions and that it would not be a great experience especially for new speakers.

With this information we have taken the decision to move the date of Scottish Summit 2022 back to June (date will be confirmed in next 2 weeks) with the 3rd and 4th being the preferred dates. (Subject to release from any Government restrictions)

By moving the date now, it gives speakers, sponsors, attendees and the committee the time to change flights, hotels and any other bookings.

If you have already got your free ticket for the event then this is still valid and can be used for the new date. If you would like to cancel your ticket we understand.

Speakers who have already have had a session accepted will still be doing these sessions in June.

This was not an easy decision to make as it has been nearly a year in planning to date and it is the last thing we wanted to do, but we needed to think about people’s health as the main priority at the moment.

If there are any questions, please email contact@scottishsummit.com

Thanks for all your support